Write a post for the Discussion Forum on this topic, addressing the questions below. Each part should be 1–2 paragraphs or several bullet points in length.
PART 1: IDENTIFYING THE CUSTOMER AND PROBLEM
Describe a primary decision maker in example of target segment: who they are, what they like, how they make buying decisions. Describe the primary problem(s) your organization, product or service will help them solve.
PART 2: FACTORS INFLUENCING CUSTOMER DECISIONS
Provide a brief profile target segment example using at least three of the following categories:
- Geographic characteristics: e.g., location, region, population size or climate.
- Personal and demographic characteristics: e.g., age, gender, family size, family life stage, income, personality.
- Social and Psychological characteristics: e.g., culture, social class, lifestyle, motivation, attitudes, reference groups, beliefs.
- Situational characteristics: e.g., buying situation, level of involvement, market offerings, frequency of use, brand loyalty.
- B2B/organizational buying considerations: e.g., individual factors, organizational factors, business environment factors, types of complexity
PART 3: REACHING THE CUSTOMER
Based on this profile, identify 2–3 marketing strategies or tactics you believe would be effective at reaching this target segment, and briefly explain why they are a good fit.