Assignment 3: How Can We Stop Bullying / Cyberbullying Now?
Due Week 10 and worth 260 points
Per the text and assigned course readings, bullying in general and cyberbullying in particular are ongoing issues which many students today experience, often with tragic consequences. As an educator, one important job you will have is to develop safeguards against bullying in your classroom.
Imagine that you are asked to give a presentation at a conference on a K-12 public school teacher who is preparing to cover the topic of bullying and cyberbullying in your class. To prepare for the presentation, you first have to do some research on your topic.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Define the terms “bullying” and “cyberbullying”, and specify the main difference(s) between these two terms.
- Design a lesson which addresses both bullying in general and cyberbullying specifically, focusing on the following elements:
- Learning objectives of the lesson
- Measurement method(s) use to determine student learning and lesson effectiveness
- Description of lesson type (i.e. lecture, interactive, peer learning activity, etc.)
- Materials needed for the lesson
- Costs and funding for the lesson
- Use at least four (4) peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and many Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Peer-reviewed academic resources refer to articles and scholarly journals that are reviewed by a panel of experts or peers in the field. View this video for more information on obtaining peer-reviewed academic resources through your Blackboard course shell.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze how educational theories and practices impact contemporary issues in education.
- Survey and analyze issues facing the changing demographics of education.
- Evaluate the impact of technological change on contemporary issues in education.
- Use technology and information resources to research contemporary issues in education
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary issues in education using proper writing mechanics
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.