Your company has just announced that a new formal performance evaluation system will be used (effective immediately). One of your supervisor’s anniversary date is coming up and the human resources (HR) manager has asked you not only to rate this supervisor but to develop a grading form to use for her and other supervisors.
Assess the leadership, interpersonal skills, and earned values on other areas of concentration you deem necessary to rate the overall performance of any supervisor you have worked with, observed, know of, worked for, been supervised by, or supervised. Include your objective reasoning for eachassigned grade with an explanation of one or more sentences.
For example, on a scale of 1–9 (superior performance), you rate the supervisor as a 4; your explanation might be as follows:
- Rarely held department meetings
- Poor verbal communication skills
- Uses foul language when counseling employees
Suggestions for Responding to Peer Posts
Review your peer’s response regarding performance baselines and managing and measuring performance, and consider the following questions:
- Has your peer determined a way to comprehensively rate and measure performance?
- What other area of concentration would you have included in the evaluation of your supervisor?
- Does your peer have a valid and objective reasoning for each of their assigned grade?
Please refer to the following multimedia course material(s):
- Unit 3: Monitoring Performance
- Unit 3: Setting Fair Standards
- Unit 3: Quality Overview
- Unit 3: Measuring Performance
- Unit 3: Strategies to Improve Performance
- Unit 3: Production Decisions
- Unit 3: Pricing Decisions
- Unit 3: Input & Output Decisions