Many of the products U.S. consumers use are imported from other countries. This is considered a form of cooperation between countries, where one country benefits by selling its products, and the other country benefits by using them.
In preparation for this assessment, use the Resources provided (or others you find) to research the effects that trade has on the countries and citizens involved, as well as on the global market. Then, select a non-U.S. country to research. You will use this country to complete your assessment.
Then, complete the following for the country you have chosen:
- Describe the levels of trade between the country and the United States:
- Import levels.
- Export levels.
- Major goods and raw materials that are traded between the two countries.
- Explain how any multinational corporations located in both the country and the US affect trade.
- Explain how trade between the country and the US affects each of them and their citizenry, including the following:
- The employees and their families in the selling country.
- The consumers and their families in the purchasing country.
- Explain how the country, the US, and each country’s citizens would be affected if trading between them were to cease.
- Explain how trading and the cessation of trade affect the stability (or instability) of the global market.
- Explain how new technology has affected levels of trading.
While content is the most important aspect of your paper, also important are organization, readability, grammar, and spelling. The length of your paper should be determined by its content.
Ensure your paper follows APA format. Add headers as appropriate, include a reference page at the end of your paper, and be sure to properly cite and provide references for material you use in your paper, per APA guidelines. The paper you submit should be in a Word document or RTF format.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Include a title page and a reference page.
- Length: A typical response will be 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- References: Use at least three references and in-text citations