Rourke, J. T., & Boyer, M. A. (2010). International politics on the world stage: Brief. (8th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 9780073526300.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 3: Analyze the speed and power of technological innovation.
- Analyzes technological advances as they relate to globalization and international relations.
- Describes the implications of technology on globalization.
- Explains how technological innovation has changed international relations positively and negatively.
- Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
In any system, all of the components are connected, and a change in any one affects all of the other components. This is also true in technology and globalization. Think about the technological changes during the past two centuries, and the countless ways they have changed society. For this assignment, think about technology and international relations, and answer the following:
- Explain how technology has developed and advanced, in part due to globalization and international relations.
- Describe the effects of technological advancement on globalization and international relations. Provide examples of how technology has both positively and negatively affected international relations.
While content is the most important aspect of your paper; organization, readability, grammar, and spelling are also important. The length of your paper should be determined by its content, and it should follow APA format. Add headers as appropriate, include a reference page at the end of your paper, and be sure to properly cite and provide references for material you use in your paper, per APA guidelines. The paper you submit should be in a Word document or RTF format.
Once complete, attach your assignment in the assignment area, and submit it to your instructor. Refer to the Technological Changes Scoring Guide to ensure you have met the requirements of the assignment, prior to submitting.