Introduction to Databases
Please include the questions with your answers. Answer in complete sentences where applicable.
- Explain what a modification problem is. What are the three possible types of modification problems?
Use the following spreadsheet segment to answer the next three questions:
Girls’ Cross-Country Team
- Describe 2 problems that the Girls’ Cross-Country Team spreadsheet could present. Be specific, using information in the spreadsheet in your descriptions.
- Break the spreadsheet into two tables, describing what information is contained in each one.
- Describe how the two tables will solve the two problems you described in #2.
- What does SQL stand for? What is its purpose?
- Describe the use of an index.
- What are the ten functions of a DBMS?
- Define the term “referential integrity constraint” and give an example.
- What is the difference between a database, a DBMS, and a database application?
- What is a NoSQL database? What are Web 2.0 applications?