Diversity has become an increasing topic of focus in the workplace. Demographic trends in the United States have led to increased workplace diversity which includes the following:
- There are more women in the workforce than ever before.
- Aging adults, many of whom are working beyond the typical retirement age
- Multiple generations who have distinctive wants and needs
- Cultural differences such as locations, languages, and work and business ethics
- Other factors, which have contributed to the complexity of managing an organization and its human capital
There are legal/regulatory requirements relative to workforce diversity. In addition, many organizations have developed comprehensive diversity programs to respond to these trends as well as to support organizational strategies. Given your groups expertise on the topic of diversity, you have been asked to contribute an article to an industry publication on workplace diversity.
Look at one company for?
What are strategies that companies have implemented or should consider implementing to effectively address the challenges and opportunities of workplace diversity?
Refer to a best practices model of at least one organization in any industry that has successfully implemented an innovative diversity program, which can be modified and replicated on some level
I need three refereces and 1 and 1/2 page