Rural Community Health Assessment
For this assignment, you will assume your health care organization provides charitable care for a rural community, which is at a significant distance from the main health care facility. You will look at your current health care plan and the information below regarding this rural community, and describe the types of changes or addendums would need to be made to your health care plan to meet the needs of this rural community. In addition, you will describe any missing demographics or information that would be helpful to know as you prepare for this charitable care health mission. You will be required to support the changes you make with evidence-based resources.
Details of the rural community are as follows:
· Description – Town: Landville.
· Population: 1034.
· Median household income: 34, 020 dollars.
· Poverty level: 30 percent live in poverty.
· English speaking: 87 percent.
· Spanish speaking: 8 percent.
§ Under 18: 20 percent.
§ Over 65: 19 percent.
For this assignment, be sure to:
· Describe any real or potential patient barriers to health and wellness.
· Describe any missing information or gap in information to make an informed health assessment.
§ What is missing? Why would this missing information help inform the health assessment?
· Identify communication strategies needed to promote effective teamwork and effective interdisciplinary collaboration that will address patient needs.
· Identify possible addendums or changes with current health action plan from the Unit 7 assignment that would have to be considered with this new community.
§ Make sure to incorporate cultural considerations into chosen outreach, clinical, and communication techniquest and strategies.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style, no older than 5 years.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Length: 3typed, double-spaced pages