Interaction Paper 2 Instructions
For this Interaction Paper, you will continue to convey your understanding of the issues that cause conflict and the methods/resources currently being used to resolve those conflicts in specific contests.
Choose 1 topic area from the list below. Special permission to choose and write on a topic not included on the list may be secured from the instructor of the class.
Area 2 topics require the analysis of conflict by applying theory to a particular situation. Your interaction paper should:
- Define the context of the conflict, providing relevant history and limitations of study.
- Examine major issues of conflict and their causes in that context (identifiable from the literature).
- Review communication methodologies used to resolve issues in the context.
- Make recommendations for effective strategies to consider in resolving the conflict.
- Make any recommendations for further study of the problem and/or solutions presented.
Area 2 Topics
For your topic, you may use either a topic or a book from the list below. If you choose a book, you must read the entire book and analyze the specific conflict detailed within.
- International Conflict resolution: Any historical conflict between nations or culture groups
- German-Turk conflict
- Arab-Israeli conflict
- Conflict in the church
- Family Conflicts
- Dealing with a specific multicultural conflict: e.g., Israeli/Palestinian, Catholics/Protestant in Ireland,
- Dealing with any protestant group and Catholic persecution during the reformation
- Forgiveness in marital infidelity
- Kent State Riots
- Gay Pride/Soul Force on Christian Campus
- Anabaptists and War
- Obama and Socialized Medicine
- The anatomy of a church dispute
- Conflict in Marital Relationships
· Forgiveness by John L. Ruth
· After the Heavy Rain by Sokreaksa S. Himm
· Through Gates of Splendorby Elizabeth Elliot
· Shantung Compound The Story of Men and Women under Pressure by Langdon Gilkey
· Lest Innocent Blood Be Shed: The Story of the Village of LeChambon and How Goodness Happened Thereby Philip Hallie
Your Interaction Paper 2 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.