Assignment 2: Course Project: Final Submission
This week’s assignment focuses on the role of local government in policy formulation and implementation. You will also assemble your project into a whole document. The assignment this week will be incorporated as a section of the final assembled paper. This portion of the completd paper should be 3 to 5 pages in length. The total assembled project should be 15-20 pages in length.
To complete this assignment, address the following tasks:
- What role does local government play in formulating or implementing the policy you are studying?
- If local government is involved, is that involvement effective? If the local government is not involved, explain why.
- How is your policy funded? Is the policy funded from the general fund, user fees, special taxes, or a combination of sources?
- Is the funding adequate for the policy?
- Should the means of funding be changed? Why or why not?
- Cite references for the sources of your information.
For the assembled project you will need to address the following:
- Incorporate any feedback you have received from the course facilitator into your work.
- Revise your previous weeks’ work in light of any new information you have gained.
- In assembling your report, arrange the material so that it flows logically. If appropriate, you can change the order of topics and information from previous weeks.
- Conclude your report with three to five recommendations for improving the existing policy.
Submit your assembled research project paper in a 15- to 20-page Microsoft Word document to