Write 600-800 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Note: All character and company names are fictional and are not intended to depict any actual person or business.
View problem scenario B to learn more about regulatory challenges. This scenario provides key information in helping formulate answers for assignments in Phases 3 and 4.
In working with the management teams of UWEAR and PALEDENIM during the merger, you uncover the fact that they do not currently have a written code of conduct. Both companies have operated under an unwritten code that was never formalized or put into writing. You have scheduled a meeting with the UWEAR and PALEDENIM management teams to discuss this issue. Answer the following:
- How will you communicate your message to the management teams?
- What is the purpose of a code of conduct?
- Why is it important for a company to have a written code of conduct?
- What issues should be considered in drafting a code of conduct?
- Once a code is created, how is it disseminated and implemented?
- How would you create the code of conduct?