Non-fiction, fiction, drama, and poetry are four distinct literary genres with distinct similarities and differences. For this final analysis of literary genres, select one work from each literary genre.
In a 2-3 page Word document:
- Compare and contrast the four works and list the ways in which these works are alike and different.
- Analyze the approach of each author as well as the content of each piece.
- How were they the same and how were they different?
- How effective was the author in his or her approach to the topic of each piece?
- Imagine that each of these works covered the same topic. How do you think the author of each work would approach that topic?
- Feel free to provide examples as needed, but be sure to document your sources.