Scientific Discovery is based upon the use of the Scientific Method. This is a very structured, logical method to approach any problem – not just in science. You may think that the use of the Scientific Method is restricted to scientists, but you would be mistaken! We all use the scientific method every day in our normal lives, but you may not realize it!
Review the description of the Scientific Method in your required Readings this week. Think about how you may use this logical process to solve problems in your daily life.
After reviewing the Scientific Method, discuss the use of the scientific method in the following two scenarios.
- Discuss how you use this method in your daily life, providing specific examples. For instance, how would you use the scientific method if you find that your car will not start or your computer is not connected to the internet?
- Discuss how you may use this method in your future career.
Make sure to apply and describe how you used all of the steps in scientific method; observe a situation, generate a hypothesis, perform an experiment, collect and analyze data, and communicate your results. this number2 discussion – Understanding Child Development
• Identify resources, materials, and activities in an early childhood environment that can be used to encourage these natural curiosities and interests and promote problem solving and critical thinking development.
• Watch Using iPads to Illustrate Problem Solving Strategies and discuss what the teacher did to promote problem solving and critical thinking.
Colorado Department of Education. (n.d.) Using iPads to illustrate Problem Solving Strategies. Retrieved from
• Describe why problem solving and critical thinking is essential in an e