The research project due during week 7 has the following brief description: Select a news article dated within the previous two months and analyze the issue using the economic concepts and theory learned in this class. Include at least one graph developed in our course. Possible concepts include:
· taxes and consumer or producer surplus
· demand, supply, and equilibrium price of a particular product
· elasticity on a particular product
· perfect competition and imperfect competition, such as monopolies
· labor market, wages, and income inequality
· poverty and public policy
In addition there is a grading rubric. Please read this rubric before you begin writing your paper.
Additional guidelines: the article must be at least 500 words and it must cover a specific microeconomic topic. You can use more then one article. Your article(s) must be approved by the instructor before week 6. When the article is submitted you must indicated the topic of your paper. Your research paper should incorporate content module material as is appropriate. For example, if you are doing a paper on the elasticity of a product then text/content material from week two should be embedded to support/refute article analysis.
I have attached the rubric.